Thursday, February 7, 2013

The PLAN

Call me crazy, but isn't that what you're supposed to be after a life-changing crisis of epic proportions?

OK - so I got a divorce, alright?  People do that all the time, you say.  But it sure as hell caught me by surprise.  One day I was writing thank you cards for our wedding gifts, and the next day I was signing retainer papers for the most bad ass divorce lawyer in town.  Literally, the. next. day.

Ex and I were together for 10 years.  No, not any kids unless you count the four legged ones (and I do count the four legged ones) And yes, I loved him.  I was pretty damn sure he loved me, I mean, I did marry him and all.  No, I don't really love him much any more, or even care for him in the slightest.  In fact, I would really rather punch him in the face.  Or the balls.  Or the face AND the balls.  Or kick him in both places.  Repeatedly.

But I digress.....

I mean, I did find out about his girlfriend 30 days after our wedding.  Yup - on the eve of our official one month wedding anniversary, I was kicking him out of our house.  See what I mean about the thank you cards to divorce lawyer?  I even found out he was calling his girlfriend while we were on our honeymoon.  I mean what kind of sick prick does that kind of messed up sneaking around? 

After lots of Xanax, vodka, Prozac, Ambien, gin (my favorite gin. EVER. here) and chocolate - not to mention support from my family and friends - I have A  PLAN.

If he got to have a "mid-life crisis" don't I get to have one, too?  Can one do that at 37?  Is that too old, or not old enough?  So my crisis doesn't involve sneaking off with the boss's personal assistant and porking her while my significant other is at work (no, I'm not gay, tho I've considered it, I'm just saying - being sarcastic - oh, you know what I mean.....  right?)

Nope - my plan involves a travel trailer.  And selling the house.  And quitting my corporate job.  And hitting the road with my dogs, seeing what happens.

Are you starting to get the picture?  I hope so, but if not I'll take lots of them for you.  Are you on Instagram ?  Love that sh!t.  Oh - and Snapseed.  I will not post anything without Snapseed.

So come back and see me!  Let me know what adventures you've had, divorce or not, crazy or not, mid-life crisis or not!  I need to do some "research" =)

No comments:

Post a Comment